We are looking for volunteers to help us with the opening and running of the New Cambridge Mosque. During the opening period in particular (Friday 15th March Jumu’ah and onwards) there will be a need for a large number of volunteers. If you can provide support in one of the volunteer roles listed below, apply to join our team by completing the application form here (UK residents only). All volunteers will receive a welcome, induction and training relevant to your role (dates TBD).
- Assist in various administrative tasks related to the day-to-day running of the mosque
- Assist in various administrative tasks related to organising various events and activities including the initial mosque opening
- Help serve coffee/tea and snacks
- Keep tables in dining room clean in between visitors
- Run dirty dishes from the dining room to the dishwasher and wash dishes where needed
- Assist the dishwasher with putting away the clean dishes
- Help with general clean-up of kitchen and dining area, including sweep and wash floor, wash down counters, walls, tables, etc.
- Assist in preparing the mosque facility rooms and prayer hall
- Assist with keeping all the public spaces inside the mosque tidy and clean
Restricted to volunteers with the necessary professional training such as medical staff.
- Work as part of a team to provide first aid care in line with current protocols
- Identify and treat injuries presented to you
- Know your first-aid limitations and summon assistance when needed
- Responsible for first aid equipment when on duty
- Liaise with the fundraising coordinator
- Run bucket collections and collect donations
HEALTH AND SECURITY:
Restricted to volunteers with the necessary professional training such as police officers and firefighters.
- Preventing any area to become congested with visitors
- Patrol grounds before, during and after prayers
- Identify questionable behaviour and respond quickly by reporting it to security coordinator
- Helping to update and maintain the mosque’s website
- Helping to update the mosque’s social media presence
- Creating content for the website and social media channels
- Help with other general IT issues relating to the IT and communications infrastructure of the mosque
- Direct visitors to the relevant mosque facilities
- Provide particular assistance to visitors with specific access requirements
- Answer simple enquiries and know where to direct enquires to
- Help with cleaning up the reception area
- We welcome anyone who wishes to volunteer in other areas too so please do fill out the form and make suggestions on how you could potentially help